Electric Power Supply, Land Survey and Acquisition, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Security, Transaction Advisory Services
These projects are being undertaken by the Government of Kenya as critical infrastructure needed to boost the viability of the LAPSSET Corridor and to provide investors with the confidence they need to develop the project components.
Electric Power Supply
- Construction of 220KV line from Rabai to Hindi in Lamu County completed.
- Construction of a 33KV line to Lamu Port completed while another 33KV line to Lamu town is still under construction.
- Lamu – Garissa – Isiolo – Lokichar 220kV transmission line is at the financial negotiation stage.
- The government has awarded concession to Amu Power Ltd to construct and operate a 1000MW coal power plant in Lamu.
Land Survey and Acquisition
- 28,000 Hectares of Land for the Lamu Port and associated infrastructure already allocated to the LCDA by the National Land Commission in 2016.
- Survey of the Corridor is ongoing with the section between Lamu and Isiolo complete save for Boni forest. The section between Isiolo to Moyale is about 75% complete while the section between Isiolo and Nakodok has been put on hold to allow for finalization of the route plan. The survey plan for Lamu-Isiolo-Moyale has been submitted to the National Land Commission to facilitate land acquisition for the Corridor.
Strategic Environmental Assessment
- The Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) process is ongoing. Inception report already submitted to the Authority.