Resort CitiesLamu, Isiolo and Lake Turkana
3 Resort Cities: one each at Lamu, Isiolo and Lake Turkana
- Lamu Resort City – US$ 970 Million
- Isiolo Resort City – US$ 200 Million
- Lake Turkana Resort City – US$ 42 Million
- Resort cities at Lamu, Isiolo and Lake Turkana have EIRR of 17.1%, 12.8% and 20.8 %, respectively.
- The Resort Cities would be build by private investors once Government has put in place sufficient infrastructure to facilitate growth.
Currently, Resort Cities are at planning stages as follows:
- Integrated Master Planning and Investment Framework for the Lamu Port City encompassing Lamu Port, SEZ, Resort city, International Airport, Rail & Pipelines is complete and approved.
- Integrated Transport Infrastructure Master Plan ongoing approved;
- Development of critical infrastructure of Lamu Port, Lamu – Garsen road, Lamu – Garissa – Isiolo road are at different stages.
- Construction of Isiolo International Airport and Manda Airport completed to facilitate access.
- Provision of infrastructural services such as water and electricity are ongoing.